Call to Convention
TO: Club Presidents and Secretaries
FROM: Kevin E. Thomas, District Executive Director
RE: Official Call to District Convention
DATE: May 21, 2012
Enclosed you will find materials for the 2012 District Convention on August 16-19, 2012, in Indiana, Pennsylvania. The materials you will find are:
- A tentative convention program.
- Certificate of Election for voting delegates to the convention. Please see the cover sheet on the reverse side of the Certificate of Election.
- Three (3) Convention Registration forms with hotel information (These may be copied.)
- Information on advertising in the convention program book.
- Information on the convention theme basket auction.
- Information on Pliny Wilson, Hixson and Tablet of Honor presentations available at the convention.
- A reservation form for display/exhibit tables at the convention.
- Information on and reservations for our Thursday evening events.
- Information on convention tours and golf outing.
Please see the convention registration form for hotel reservation information.
Look for more information, including convention forums, to be sent in the weeks ahead.
All of the above information as well as online convention registration will be available at: http://www.pakiwanis.org/events
The hotel reservation deadline is Tuesday, July 17, 2012. After that time hotel rooms and rates cannot be guaranteed.
The convention registration deadline is Friday, July 27, 2012. After July 27th, space cannot be guaranteed.
Every chartered club in good standing with the District and Kiwanis International is entitled to three voting delegates. You may, also, choose one alternate for each certified delegate. The three certified delegates from each club do not pay the registration fee as each club has already paid for those three delegates via its annual dues invoice. To be a certified delegate, a member’s name must appear on the club’s election of delegates form. The three delegates listed on the Election of Delegates form will be considered registered for the Convention. Non-certified delegates must pay the $20.00 convention registration fee and register using the official convention registration form. If a certified delegate wishes to order tickets for any convention event, they must do so using the official convention registration form.
Please contact the District Office if you have any questions.