Young Leaders Helping Others
In K-Kids clubs worldwide, more than 36,000 children are learning leadership through service. They're taking on the responsibility of running a K-Kids club as they plan and participate in community service projects. They assist the elderly with chores or organize community food drives.They serve their schools, raising funds for sports equipment and extracurricular activities.
In big and small ways, they're changing the world around them. But the most significant change happens in the kids themselves.
Why It Works
There are nearly 1,500 K-Kids clubs in elementary schools around the world. In each of those clubs, members work together on service projects, develop leadership potential and build moral character. Their service also increases the visibility—and enhances the reputation—of both the club and the school or organization they represent. The program is designed to fit member and volunteer interests.
• It’s student-led. Each K-Kids club is uniquely built on an important principle: Amazing things happen when the students take the lead.
• No two are alike. Working within a program designed specifically for elementary school students, each club is an independent entity designed for its members.
• Your needs matter. Each club determines its own meeting schedule, service projects and other activities in order to fit the needs of advisors, members and sponsors.
• You’re not alone. Adult volunteers and staff at the regional and international levels are there to support your club’s success.
Who Joins K-Kids
K-Kids club members are the leaders of tomorrow. And they’re the energetic, dedicated kids of today. They’re elementary school students, and something more—they’re passionate about making a difference in their school,
in their community and around the world. They’re discovering their heart to serve, answering their call to lead and igniting the courage it takes to reach out to new friends. Caring is their way of life. They step forward when others stand still. And because of that, their schools and communities grow stronger. Thanks to K-Kids. And thanks to people like you.
Why They Need You
You can help shape this generation of leaders—while helping students learn leadership skills through service. Your impact is both measurable and inspirational. Through a K-Kids club, you can:
• Inspire students to believe in their ability to change the world.
• Motivate students to succeed in and out of the classroom.
• Give kids their first real chance to lead an organization.
• Generate a more caring and inclusive school climate.
Want to know more?
If you would like more inspiration, information and resources, we have plenty online
B: 610-539-8550 × 184